Bats can cause problems for people if they get into their homes. Bats can nest in attics, crawl spaces, and other secluded areas of your home. Some signs of a bat infestation in your home are:
- Bat droppings around the area of entry
- A strong odour (something like a dirty litter box)
- Grease marks around the walls and entry points into the home
- High pitched squeaks
If you notice any of these signs, call Dave’s Pest Control today to reduce the risk of health problems for you and your family.
The Simple Solution: Bat House
What if you could just avoid the problem of bats invading your home entirely? Well there’s a simple solution that could stop bats from getting into your home: Bat Houses.
Bat houses are a quick and easy solution to give the bats somewhere to go that’s away from predators and harsh weather but also that isn’t your house.
Bat houses should be installed a minimum of 12 feet off the ground and in an area with plenty of sunlight since bats like warm climates better.
Some other important factors to keep in mind when installing bat houses are:
- Place it close to water, bats will find it more easily if there’s a water source nearby
- Install the house on the side of your home or on a pole, try to avoid trees as the bats get stuck and confused in the branches
- Provide lots of space, placing your bat house in an open clearing will make it easy access for the bats.
Myth Busting Bat Houses
Many people think bat houses can make their bat problem worse, but it solves the problem entirely.
Bats won’t go into your home if they have somewhere else to go. All they need is a safe shelter away from predators, and a bat house is just that.
So, if you notice bats near your home or if you’ve had past infestations, get yourself a bat house today!